Signs of the Times (Expanded & Revised 65 Signs)
65 Signs of the Times and the Second Coming
Author: David J. Ridges,
Format: 220 pages, 6x9", paperback
Publication: November 2013
This is the 2013 UPDATED and REVISED version of "65 Signs of the Times"
Studying the signs of the times can instill fear and even panic. This is not the intent of God in giving them. Regarding these prophecies, the Savior instructed “see that ye be not troubled.”
In his latest book, Using the Signs of the Times to Strengthen Your Testimony, bestselling author David J. Ridges lists 96 signs of the times and provides a brief description of each, grounded in the scriptures and the words of modern prophets. Each sign is categorized as fulfilled, being fulfilled, or yet to be fulfilled. Ridges uses these God-given signs to strengthen testimony and bear witness that we indeed live in the marvelous and much-prophesied time when the gospel is going forth into all the world and the Spirit of the Lord is being poured out “upon all flesh” (Joel 2:28).
Use this book to strengthen your testimony and promote your own inner peace, stability, and happiness. You’ll see that this is a day of miracles—a prophesied day of spreading the gospel to all the world.
The return of the long-lost ten tribes, a new Jerusalem being built, heavenly messengers from beyond this life
It may sound like fantasy, but according to the scriptures, all of these things will really come to pass before our Savior comes again. In fact, these signs were designed by the Lord to alert true believers to his imminent return. The question is, Will you recognize the signs?
In this revised edition, David Ridges, author of the best-selling Gospel Studies Made Easier series, combines current events with ancient prophecy to illuminate how the signs of the times are already being fulfilled in our day. By carefully compiling his latest research and the words of modern prophets, Ridges presents these signs in a clear, easy-to-follow format, perfect for at-a-glance reference or more in-depth study. To help you understand them quickly, these signs are categorized as:
- Being Fulfilled
- Yet to be Fulfilled
The format is concise and makes it easy for the reader to see these signs of the times at a glance and get more information about each one as desired. A detailed explanation of the actual events which will take place at the Second Coming is also included.
Readers will love the ease in locating a specific prophecy that they are interested in.
“Signs of the Times” are prophecies given by the Lord to bear witness that the last days are here and that the Second Coming of the Savior will occur soon. As His return grows closer, more and more of these signs are being fulfilled.
Included is detailed information on the following subjects / prophecies..
Chapter 1. See that ye not be troubled
Chapter 2. The Last Days, an Exciting Time to Live
Chapter 3. Some Cautions and Observations
Chapter43. 96 Signs of the Times
New: A Man Named David will lead the Church
1. The Discovery of America and the Establishment of the United States of America
New: A Prophet named Joseph to be Raised up
2. The Coming Forth of the Book of Mormon
3. The Restoration of the Priesthood and the Priesthood Keys
4. The Restoration of the True Church of Jesus Christ
New: Once Restored in the Last Dispensation, the Ture CHurch will never again be lost through Apostasy
5. The Church will be established i the Tops of the Mountains
6. The Church Will Fill the Whole Earth
New: The Civil War will start in South Carolina
7. Slaves Will Rise Up Against Their Masters
8. A Full End of All Nations
9. Scattered Israel will be Gathered
10. All Will Hear the Gospel in THeir Own Tongue
New: Righteousness and Truth will Sweep the Earth as with a Flood
11. The Church will be Brought out of Obscurity
12. The Name of Joseph Smith Will be Spoken of for Good and Evil in all Nations
New: Mother Earth will rejoice and finally be Free of Wickedness
13. The Lost Ten Tribes Will Return
14. The Full Times of the Gentiles Will be Fulfilled
15. There Will be much of Despair, Depression, Gloom and Doom, and Emotional Instability
New: In spite of Gross Wickedness and Spiritual Darkness upon the Earth, the Lord's Covenant People will be Preserved
16. There Will Be Extraordinarily Widespead Selfishness and Lack of Caring for Others
New: Couples will avoid marriage and Openly Live Together
17. The Mark of the Beast in Their Foreheads
New: Great Tribulation amoung the Wicked
18. Ever Learning, and Never Coming to the Knowledge of the Truth
New: Widespread Suppresion of Personal Conscience
19. The Jews Will Return to Jerusalem
20. The Jews Will Accept the True Gospel
21. The Prophet Elijah Will Come to Restore the Keys of Sealing
22. The Saints will be ferw in Number But the Power of God will be With Them.
23. Christ Will Come to His Temple
24. Genealogical Research and Interest in Family History Will Spread as Never Before
25. Dangers Upon the Waters
New: Widespread Despising of Good People (The Crab Principle)
26. Much Ecological Damage Will Occur in the Last Days
New: Various Forms of "Indulgences" will be in use
27. The Sun Will be Darkened and the Moon Will Become as Blood
New: The Church will become Well Known throughout the Earth
28. Diseases, Plagues, and Pestilences Will Sweep the Earth in Spite of Medical and
29. Knowledge, Science, and Technology Will Increase Dramatically
New: The Weak Things of the Earth Shall Break Down the Mighty and Strong Ones
New: The Righteous Wise will have Extra Oil for Their Lamps
30. Wars and Rumors of Wars Will Become Normal Life
New: The Last Days Scourges of the Lord will Increase right up to the Second Coming
31. Famines, Earthquakes, Tornadoes, and Natural Disasters will Abound
New: Additional Scriptures will be Published
32. Strikes, Overthrowing of Governments, Gang Warfare, Violence, and Disrespect for
Authority Will Increase
New: There will be Widespread Disrespect for that which is Sacred and Holy
33. Sexual Immorality, Homosexuality, Lesbianism, and Pornography will Abound
New: Much Bloodshed will Precede the Second Coming
34. The Disintegration of the Family will Bring Prophesied Calamities in the Last Days
35. The Spirit Will Stop Working with the Wicked
36. Peace Will be Taken from the Earth
37. Jerusalem Will be a "Cup of Trembling" to those who Attempt to Fight Against It
New: Many will claim that Miracles have Ceased
New: Miracles will Abound
New: Secret Combinations and Works of Darkness will Permeate Societies
New: People will deny the Power of God
New: Leaders of Churches and Teachers Rise Up in the Pride of their Hearts
New: Many will openly "Approve" Gross Sin
38. The Righteous Will Be Alerted by the Signs of the Times
New: Materialism will be Priority over Service to Others
39. People will Refuse to Believe Obvious Truth and Will Instead Adhere to Fables and
New: Many manifestations of Pride will cause Great Damage to Society
40. False Prophets, False Churches, and False Miracles Abound
New: Preachers will "Transfigure" God's Word for personal Gain.
41. People Refuse to Believe the Signs of the Times
New: New York, ALbany and Boston Destroyed, Unless
42. Some Will Fear That Christ's Coming is Being Delayed Too Long
43. There Will be Signs and Wonders on Earth and in Heaven
44. The Laminates Will Blossom as the Rose
45. New Jerusalem Will be Built
46. Many Temples Will be Built
47. A Temple Will be Built in Jerusalem
48. The Gospel will Flourish in Egypt and a Temple Will be built There
49. The Rainbow is Withdrawn
New: Some of the Very Elect will be Deceived
50. The Constitution Will Hang by a Thread
51. Destroying Angels Will Be Allowed to Go Forth Upon the Earth
52. The Abomination of Desolation will Happen Again
New: The Lord will Hasten [His] Work in its Time
53. Wickedness Will be Rampant
54. Babylon Will Fall
55. A Great Hailstorm Will Destroy the Crops of the Earth
56. There Will be a Great Earthquake Such as Never Before
57. Waters Will Flow from the Temple in Jerusalem and Heal the Dead Sea
58. The Battle of Armageddon
59. The Meeting at Adam-Ondi-Ahman
60. Two Prophets Killed in Jerusalem
61. The Mount of Olives Will Be Split in Two
62. The Sign of the Coming of the Son of Man
63. The Righteous Will Be taken Up to Meet the Coming Lord and the Wicked Will be Burned
64. The Wicked Will Be Burned
65. Everyone Will See Christ When He Comes
Chapter 4. f Conditions Preceding Christ's Appearance to the Nephites
and Conditions Leading to the Second Coming
Chapter 5. The Actual Second Coming of Christ
Chapter 6. How Good do You Have to Be in Order to Have a Pleasant Second Coming?
This item is a good reference piece to compliment your personal and family study of the scriptures and the gospel. This book is guaranteed to provide you with new insights on unfamilar topics and increase your understanding of God's plan.
"Very interesting reading, he manages to report the prophesies without hyping or doomsdaying them. He also settles alot of misunderstandings of scripture that plague people. Above all, you walk away understanding that tomorrow will come and if you live your life in a thoughtful manner, you will do just fine."
"There is widespread interest in the signs of the times. It is a marvelous and exciting time to be alive! "Signs of the times" are prophecies given by the Lord over the centuries which, when fulfilled, are designed to bear witness that the Second Coming of the Savior is getting close. Those who are aware of these prophecies will have their testimonies strengthened as these signs come to pass.. A brief detailing of the actual Second Coming plus events associated with it are also included. Finally, the author addresses the question, "How good do I have to be to have a pleasant Second Coming?"
"This is one of the most intriguing volumes ever published concerning the events leading up to the retrun of our Savior. The contents included in this book are very hard to find in any of the books currently printed and sold and are an invaluable resource to aid you in your personal study and preparation."
"An amazing collection of prophecies -- and their stages of fulfillment -- along with commentary by a noted gospel scholar."
Customer Ratings & Reviews
Be the first to rate this item!